Well! Whoever believes they deserve an award? Probably few of us, but it sure feels good when someone actually gives us one! Thanks Colleen! I’ve been reading Colleen’s health meanderings for a long time now. While she writes a sort of diabetic diary, I was attracted to it because Hubby has Type II diabetes. He’s doing fine so far with medication and exercise, but I’m always interested in how others cope, so I read her blog to this day because it’s much more than that. Other things came through those diabetic postings that should serve to remind us all that our illness does not define us.
The award comes with rules though. First, I have to complete the survey with one-word responses, and then I must pass the award along to 3 more deserving blogging friends who then have to do the one word thing! Enjoy, and click along to the next recipients for more over-the-top goodness!
Note: Those familiar with Wintersong will readily recognize how big a challenge one word answers will be. As I read through Colleen’s one word responses, thinking what my own would be, I keep wanting to add explanations, so this may be a big challenge after all! Let’s see how I do . . .
1. Where is your cell phone? dead
2. Your hair? thin
3. Your mother? selfless
4. Your father? opinionated
5. Your favorite food? seafood
6. Your dream last night? none
7. Your favorite drink? milkshakes
8. Your dream/goal? health
9. What room are you in? office
10. Your hobby? blogging
11. Your fear? dependence
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? here
13. Where were you last night? home
14. Something you aren’t? patient
15. Muffins? yummy
16. Wish list item? improvement
17. Where did you grow up? Florida
18. Last thing you did? redecorated
19. What are you wearing? sweatshirt
20. Your TV? cable
21. Your pet(s)? hubby
22. Your friends? inapplicable
23. Your life? good
24. Your mood? silly
25. Missing someone? no
26. Vehicle? hybrid
27. Something you’re not wearing? makeup
28. Your favorite store? bookstore
29. Your favorite color? blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? now
31. Last time you cried? unsure
32. Your best friend? hubby
33. One place that I go over and over? bathroom
34. One person who emails me regularly? daughter
35. Favorite place to eat? out!
Now to pass on the award to 3 more over the top bloggers:Cheese Grits: (listed on my blogroll as Grits with Cheese and Pop). Michele is a young writer I admire who does thoughtful and beautifully written posts, and I’m pretty sure that–in spite all those endless stereotypical jokes about southerners ever circling the internet–is just as proud of her cheese and grits heritage as I.
Kay’s Thinking Cap: A life of health and economic challenges gets her down from time to time, but Kay stands firm in her commitment to make it in the world with grace and good humor.
Postcards: Because Maggie’s cheerful demeanor shows through her writing, when I read my postcards from Maggie, I always come away feeling good. We have similar interests like cookbooks and old photographs and striving to improve ourselves, and she introduces me to all kinds of new stuff to google and think about.